Saturday, July 28, 2012

I must be crazy OR My “vacation”

So my Uncle bought a cabin in the Mountains.  Or so I was told.  Open-mouthed smile  Grandma wanted to go visit Uncle Rich’s new cabin and I said “Sure, I’ll take you”. 

Now, I’m not saying I believe in destiny or in a lot of “hippie dippy stuff” (as some would say) but there are times when even I say to myself “I think the universe is trying to tell us something”. 

We intended on leaving Wednesday and coming home Sunday.  There were issues with scheduling and it was moved back Thursday-Monday.  NBD, right?  It’s cool.  (#1)

Then Grandma came down with Shingles.   Hmmm, it’s not a bad case, so the trip is still on.  (#2)

Then her car (the method of travel) needed a transmission rebuilt.  (#3)

Then we had issues renting a car.  (#4)

Then the rental car we had----a mere 2 1/2 hours on the road--- had the check engine light come on. (#5)

…………

 

Ok, I hear you Universe! 




That being said, being either stupid or just Pierce’s (or perhaps they are one in the same), we continued on our journey and I’m glad we did.  We had a great time visiting with friends and family, seeing the new place and the country around there and having our fair share of laughs along the way.  Some pictorial highlights:

 

DSC01209DSC01212DSC01213DSC01216DSC01219DSC01220

 

Pictures from Newfound Gap (near Gatlinburg)

 

DSC01240DSC01242

 

Pictures from the river near where we picnicked.

DSC01262DSC01283DSC01286DSC01270

 

Pictures from Luke’s first time eating a whole wedge of watermelon.  The last picture is my favorite.  He was saying “Mama wahwahlemon? More?”

 

DSC01289

Bald River Falls

 

DSC01298DSC01230

 

The view from Rich’s back porch and the view on the front. 

DSC01293

Already adapting to the mountain laid back lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment