Friday, July 6, 2012

Dear Internetz, a rant

I love chicken. 

I mean, I REALLY love chicken.  Wings, breasts, strips, tenders even the dang fingers.   I love chicken.

New wing place opens in town, I dance a little.  Quaker Steak and Lube, they say.  Yummy they say.  We’ll see, I say.

Some friends set a date, we go….we waited over an hour and a half for a table.  Oh well, small change when dealing with “BEST WINGS {in the} USA!!!!!” I thought.  We waited another hour. Then they arrived.

 

And they stunk. 

 

Oh well, bad luck, eh? 

 

About a month later, a different friend wants to go.  We decide to give them another try. 

This time, the wait for the table?  An hour.  Wait for food?  An hour and a half.  The verdict:  Meh.

 

This morning I see in my email the restaurant of the month (for Waiter on the Way) is Quaker Steak and Lube, this means free delivery.  Cleaning the house combined with 100+ degree heat, we decide to order out.  An hour later, we get a phone call.  Waiter on the Way tells me that they (being the restaurant) lost our order. 

:  Sigh  :

Finally (2 hours later) the driver arrives, apologizing profusely.  I tell him that I have no doubt it was QSL’s fault as I’ve had nothing but disappointment from them and have never had a problem from WOTW. 

The food?  Mediocre, as usual. 

 

The verdict:  Avoid the Lube!

No comments:

Post a Comment